Application Deadline Extended until April 17 for Summer 2023 Program
Global Ties Arizona builds and strengthens relationships between its community members, citizens, businesses, and nations through international exchange and educational programs. The organization is recognized as Arizona’s leader in citizen diplomacy, promoting cultural awareness, and instilling an ethos of global engagement and learning.
One of its important initiatives is the Young Diplomats program for high school students, which takes place in June. The deadline to apply for this year’s program has been extended to April 17, 2023.
About The Program
The Young Diplomats program is designed to help Arizona high school students hone the knowledge and skills they’ll need to succeed — and lead — in a globally-interconnected world.
Over the course of a five-day summer boot camp in June 2023, student participants will explore the fundamental principles and key applications of diplomacy, globally-minded civic responsibility, and pathways to careers in international relations. They will hear and learn from a variety of global subject matter experts throughout the week, and participate in interactive activities to gain skills in research, cross-cultural communication, leadership, and more!
All 10th, 11th, and 12th graders in the Greater Phoenix region are welcome to apply!
There is no cost to students to participate, and students that complete the full five-day program will receive an official certificate of completion.
Please see the program overview below or visit https://www.globaltiesarizona.org/young-diplomats for more details. Program days will begin promptly at 9:00 am, and will run until 12 pm, with the exception of Friday. Friday will feature an extended program to include lunch and a closing ceremony.
Application deadline extended: April 17, 2023
During the program, students will enhance and expand their:
- Knowledge of global issues and how they impact Arizona
- Cross-cultural communication and collaboration skills
- Public speaking abilities
- Understanding of globally-minded career paths
- Relationship building with global leaders
During the program, students receive:
- One cultural excursion to the Japanese Friendship Garden (transportation to the garden is provided)
- One Young Diplomats t-shirt
- Student travel stipends (available to those who express the need)
- Program materials
- Closing luncheon and certificate ceremony that will be presented by an invited elected official